- ½ kg chicken thighs (hormone and antibiotic free)
- 1 can chopped organic tomatoes (Coles)
- 200ml cream or coconut milk (no low fat)
- 1 onion or a few shallots chopped
- Ground pepper and sea salt, (Celtic or Himalayan) add some hot chilli, green or red curry if you want it spicy
- Cut chicken thighs into smaller pieces, put chicken and onions into a pan with a bit of butter or virgin coconut oil, fry on low heat until chicken is white.
- Add tomatoes and cream or coconut milk, season and cook for about 10 min Serve with brown rice and a fresh salad,
- Salad dressing; virgin olive oil apple cider vinegar salt pepper and a clove of crushed garlic if you like
- Alternatively brown rice, steamed carrots and broccoli drizzled with virgin olive oil
- 110g can of wild Alaskan Salmon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese (no low fat)
- Half a bunch of Shallots
- ½ cup grated cheese (unprocessed)
- 1-2 tomatoes
Ground black pepper, salt (Celtic or Himalayan) fresh dill if you like
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste, put into an ovenproof dish greased with butter, slice tomatoes and put on top
Bake in 180 degree oven for about 45 min or until cooked through
Serve with a big fresh salad dressed with virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt pepper and a clove of fresh garlic if you like
I like to use virgin coconut oil in my cooking since it is an oil that can be heated without going rancid it is also the best oil for weight loss, YES you heard right!
Oh NO, NO saturated fats you say!
If saturated fats caused heart disease and weight gain, eliminating those fats would result in a decline in heart disease and an increase in weight loss, RIGHT? Look around you, what do you see??
The fact is that in the last 40-50 years saturated fats have been condemned and banned in favour of polyunsaturated vegetable oils, trans fats and refined carbohydrates, so WHY are we sicker and fatter than we were when we ate saturated fats? You don’t need to be an Einstein to work that out.
Eliminating fat from our diet and eating low fat foods, avoiding saturated fats from tropical oils, butter and red meats, obesity, heart disease and type II diabetes have skyrocketed.
We ate saturated fats for 10,000 years and coronary heart disease was unheard of in the late 1800’s according to Dr Evan Shute MD.
In the book Eat Fat Loose Fat byDr Mary Enig, an International expert on fats and Sally Fallon, the President of the Weston A Price Foundation explains how by using a traditional diet full of good fats we will LOOSE fat! Pretty amazing stuff.
Resent research implicates REFINED GRAINS AND SUGARS are the cause of obesity and type II diabetes, NOT saturated fats. Did you know that your body makes saturated fats from carbohydrates?
I use Dr Mary’s Virgin Coconut oil you can buy it on line at;